How to Download and Install Android Oreo Beta on Nokia 6
Nokia, has made a good and spectacular comeback to the smartphone industry in the beginning of 2017 by launching its latest smartphones which are named as the Nokia 3, Nokia 5 and the Nokia 6. Also, the company has launched the redesigned version of the Nokia 3310 classic which remains to be the most iconic smartphone for the Nokia brand.
Also, this was the first time ever that a Nokia smartphone was powered by Android as the Finnish smartphone manufacturer, Nokia earlier refused to release their smartphones with Android and paid the price as the company had to stop releasing their smartphones due to very very low demand of the Lumia smartphones. Apart from that, it was also the first time that a smartphone was released under the Nokia brand which came after 7 long years of exile from the smartphone industry.
Now, the Nokia 6 which was launched by the company was the premium mid-range smartphone from the company as the smartphone came with all the latest specifications. However, we have seen that the company’s flagship smartphone of 2017 was the Nokia 8. In terms of software, all the Nokia smartphones come with a very minimal skin on top of Android which is extremely close to Stock Android. Therefore, the company has promised speedy updates and regular support.
Also, keeping its promise, the Nokia smartphones have been consistently updated to the latest security patches as soon as they are released by Google. We also know that the Nokia smartphones were released by Android Nougat out of the box as it was the latest version of Android available at that time. Later, the latest version of Android was released by Google which was named as Android Oreo.
Now, the flagship smartphone from Nokia, the Nokia 8 has already been updated to the latest Android Oreo update some time ago with the latest security patch update also. However, the other smartphones were left to be updated to the latest version of Android but the company already promised that the update to these smartphones will also be rolled out soon. Also, Nokia announced that the company’s entry-level smartphone, Nokia 2 will directly get Android 8.1 Oreo with some optimizations.
Now, the company has announced that the Nokia 6 is getting the latest Android Oreo update but this update is currently in beta form and the users who want to test the latest version will have to sign up for getting the Android Oreo beta from the Nokia Beta Labs website. However, it is worth noting that this update is in beta form and bugs are expected from this version of Android so if you are using your smartphone for daily usage then this update can cause some problems on your smartphone.
Also, it is to be noted that the Nokia 6 Android Oreo beta has been started in India only currently and the update will be available for other countries soon. Also, the company has mentioned that the stable version of Android Oreo for the smartphone will also be available as soon as the testing of this version is complete and it is stable enough to be released publicly.
We have known that the users which are getting the OTA update for the Android Oreo Beta on Nokia 6 have been reporting a build number (V5.140) which is based on Android 8.0 Oreo. Also, this OTA update comes with a download size of 1799.3MB which is expected as the update is a major one.
Steps to Download and Install Android Oreo Beta on Nokia 6
- First of all, you will need to Nokia Beta Labs website to enroll your device for the Android Oreo Beta update from here.
- Now, you have to click on the Sign In button in order to sign up for the Nokia Beta Labs program and enroll your Nokia 6 for the Android Oreo Beta update
- After this, you will be asked to accept some agreements and you will be signed up for the Android Oreo Beta update.
- Once you have signed up, you will see a message with Welcome to the Forefront of Android. Scroll down below and you will be asked for your device’s information like IMEI number and Network operator.
- Then, click on I agreeto the beta software license terms and you can then Register for the Beta Labs
- Once you click on Register button, you will receive a confirmation message and then your smartphone will receive an OTA update.
- Now, download and install this OTA update on your Nokia 6 normally and the Android Oreo Beta update will be installed along with December security patch.
Note that this update is a beta version of Android Oreo and bugs are expected from this version so you should proceed once you know about the risks involved. Also, the stable version will be released soon and you will get the OTA for that version automatically as soon as it is released.