How to Install TWRP and Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
On the height of maximum sale, Xiaomi released XIAOMI Redmi Note 5 and Note 5 pro. Xiaomi Note 5 and Note 5 Pro are the successor of Note 4. Xiaomi Note earned name as brand on the budget smartphone. Of course Xiaomi focused on the users basically not only from India and China also many other countries. Because Xiaomi have a great thriving community of developers and testers behind, Note 5 Pro has now got an official TWRP Recovery. We are here with the tutorial How to Install TWRP and Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro. If you are looking for the rooting tutorial of Redmi Note 5 Pro, you are on the right place.
As for as features is concerned, Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro is powered with 625 SOC Clocked at up to 2 Ghz. The flagship smartphone is coupled with the Adreno 506 GPU and 3/4GB of RAM. The smartphone is available in two variants 3/4GB RAM and 32/64GB internal storage. Of course there is a fine large display of 5.99-inch. The screen packs with the aspect of an 18:9 display.
The phone has in built non-removable battery of 4000 mAh. If you’re a frequent modder, now add to this the availability of official TWRP 3.2.1 for the device. Of course, there are a few things we should let you know, although you may have read or heard this a million times already.
As we know that rooting your Android device and installing the custom images are not so tough. Of course, these activities or other mods or pieces of software will void your warranty. Furthermore, you are trusting tools and software provided by third-party sources who mostly won’t take any responsibility. Of course, Android is complex and with so many devices and different variants, it is hard to promise something will work on every device. These third-party developers work for free after all. Now, You must understand the risks and take responsibility, in case unexpected things happen. Although it is quite unlikely, you may even end up bricking your device. AndroidJunctions cannot be held responsible if you do manage to harm your device in any way while following this guide.
Requirements to Install TWRP on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 pro
- Of course, A Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro, with an unlocked bootloader.
- Kindly Ensure that your device has at least 70% charge left.
- Now Install ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Windows users will need to install Xiaomi USB drivers as well.
- Now Enable USB debugging and OEM unlock on your device. On your Redmi Note 5 Pro,
- Go to Settings> About Phone and tap on the MIUI version 7 times. Developer options can now be found in Settings > Additional settings.
- twrp-3.2.1-0-whyred.img| Mirror (source: AnkitGourav @xda)
- Latest Magisk(source: topjohnwu @xda)
- SuperSU v2.82
How to Install TWRP on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
- First of all, connect your Redmi Note 5 pro to your PC with a USB cable and launch ADB. On Windows, just go to the adb folder and enter cmdin the address bar. If you have Minimal ADB & Fastboot you can simply search for it and click on it to launch it. On Mac and Linux, you can simply launch a Terminal window to start using ADB.
- Now, Reboot your phone into fastboot mode using the following ADB command.
adb reboot bootloader
3. Of course, you may need to allow USB debugging permissions on your phone if you haven’t done this before.
4. Once in fastboot mode, flash the TWRP image you downloaded earlier.
fastboot flash recovery /path/to/twrp-3.2.1-0-whyred.img
Replace /path/to/ with the location path of the image file. You can avoid this step if you move the TWRP image inside the adb folder. This will shorten the command down to:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.1-0-whyred.img
5. Therefore, you reboot your device using the following command:
TWRP Screen Shots
How to Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
- First of all, connect your device to the PC again and use the adb command given below to boot it into the newly installed TWRP recovery.
adb reboot recovery
- Once in TWRP recovery, it’s wise to first take a full NANDroid backup of your device, just in case you may want to revert your device back to a working state. To do this, go to Backupand select all the partitions. Swipe at the bottom to begin the backup process.
- After you have a backup, or you have decided to skip it, select Installfrom the TWRP main menu.
- Now, Navigate to and select the downloaded Magisk or SuperSU zip file and select it.
- Therefore, you Swipe at the bottom to flash the zip.
- When it is done, you will see a Reboot system button at the bottom, tap on it and your device will reboot.
Congratulations, Now You can now enjoy root privilege and custom recovery on your Xiaomi Note 5 Pro. For any further query, just comment below. Your moderate and honorable comments are welcomed.