OxygenOS 5.0 (Android 8.0) For OnePlus3 and OnePlus 3T (Installation Guide)
Finally OnePlus released OxygenOS 5.0 (Android 8.0. Oreo) for OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T, whereas Android 8.0 oreo beta is also available for both. OnePlus starts rolling out OxygenOS 5.0 OTA (over-the-air) update for both devices and since it rolls out in phases. We are here with the tutorial OxygenOS 5.0 (Android 8.0) For OnePlus3 and OnePlus 3T (Installation Guide).
You can also download the OxygenOS 5.0 update (OTA/Full ROM) for OnePlus 3 and 3T and installmanually as described below. If you prefer OTA update over manual installation, but if you cannot wait for the OTA, then you can use the Opera PN app and change the location to Germany or Canada to get the OTA update early.
OxygenOS 5.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo) brings a bunch of new features and latest security patches (September, 2017) alongside general bug fixes. The update brings new features like Parallel Apps, Picture in Picture, Smart text selection, Auto-fill and more to OnePlus 3 and 3T.
How to Flash OxygenOS 5.0 on OnePlus 3/3T
OxygenOS 5.0 Full ROM Update Method
Note: This guide requires ABD and fastboot set up on your PC. Also, both devices require unlockedbootloader. Backup data before proceeding.
- Enable ‘USB Debugging’ on your phone in Settings > Developer Options.
- Save the download OxygenOS 5.0 Full ROM zip fileinside the ADB installation folder.
- Switch off OnePlus 3/3T, press Power + Volume Down buttons together to boot into stock recovery.
- In recovery, choose “Install from USB” option, tap OK to confirm. A screen with “You are in sideload mode” will be displayed.
- Connect your OnePlus 3/3T to PC/Mac and issue the following command in command prompt /terminal
For Windows: adb sideload File Name.zip
For Mac/Linux: ./adb sideload File Name.zip
[File Name.zip=OxygenOS 5.0 file name]
- Wait a while, your phone should now update to the selected build and reboot automatically to take you into OxygenOS 5.0.
OxygenOS 5.0 OTA Update Method:
- Save the downloadedOxygenOS 5.0 OTA zip file on your phone’s memory.
- Turn off the phone and boot into recovery (Use Power + Volume Down buttons).
- In recovery, select ‘Apply Update’ and select ‘Choose from Internal Storage‘
- Browse the OTA zip file (you just saved) and select it. The update will start and reboot automatically after finishing the update.
(Source – OnePlus)